Hi! I’m Keiro and I’m in my first year of UVic’s Post Degree Professional Program in Elementary Education, and already have a certificate (Red Deer College) and BFA (University of Victoria) in Visual Arts. I live with my cat, Frida Banjo the Boycat in [Victoria, BC].

I love sewing, playing the ukulele and singing, I’m a visual artist (painting, drawing, ceramics, textile, and digital work), biking, exploring small towns, and learning new practical and craft skills.

I have interest in beginning a regular yoga/exercise practice, becoming a better cook, hiking, and generally practicing better self care.

A word from Frida, my cat: Meow meow meow meow meooow. Meow meow. Meowww meow meeeeow, meow.

I would like to acknowledge the Lekwungen, Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples whose land I am privileged to live and learn on.  I recognize that I benefit from a system that has actively worked on destroying and erasing the lives and cultures of the Indigenous peoples who have lived and been shepherds of the land here, on Turtle Island. I have been fortunate enough to live on Treaties 1, 2, 6, and 7, along with these unceded  territories I currently reside on. I would like to take responsibility for the ways I have and continue to take part in colonization, and take an active role in working towards decolonization through my teaching and personal practices. I invite others to join me in this. A good place to start is by seeing whose land you’re on: native-land.ca

Frida takes a nap